sabato 19 febbraio 2011

My Grandma sooooo old shawl...


Hi!
This is the shawl my Grandma made for my Mom more than 30 years ago...
It's soooo old or...soooo vintage if you'd prefere...LOL!!!
Now...my Mom is used to wear this shawl almost every day in winter when for example she needs to go outside maybe in the garden to pick something or to the garage or maybe when she reads or watches television on the couch...
I have to say that probably this shawl was not made with the most wonderful yarn of the world, in fact I think my Grandma used an inexpensive yarn but this shawl is soooo resistant...
My Mom wash it once a week in the washing machine and...it's still here...
Now...my Mom would like to have a new one and so...as she knows that I'm a very expert crocheter (more than 2 weeks ago I started learning crochet...LOL) she asked me to make her a new shawl following the patter of this one...
Wow!!!
I watched it and studied it a bit and...it doesn't seems too much difficult to duplicate...
But...how much time it will requires?
mmm...mmm...
Does someone of you ever made a shawl like this?
This morning we bought a nice and inexpensive yarn (as I'm not sure I will be able to make it)...and...I'm going to start it!
So, please, wish me good luck!!!!
Have a nice Saturday!!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my post!
Every comment is welcome here!