martedì 29 novembre 2011

My Old Sleigh

My Dad found it some times ago in the attic...
It was a Christmas gift I've got from Santa many many years ago...
I can''t remember well but I think I was at least 9 or 10 years old...
I've really had some amazing and fun winter with it till the day...my sister (younger sister, she was really so tiny that time) and me finished on a iced lake...
We were sledding down the hill but at one point...the hill ended and...started the lake...
Near the coast the lake was well but in the center ice was melting...
I heard Mommy and Daddy yelling to push me to the ground and so I did before  reaching the center of the melting.
But, we really ended up too much close to the icy waters of the lake...
The shock was great so my cute sledge ended its years hidden in the attic...
Since...few times ago...

My Dad was doing a cleaning in the attic and found it, sad, alone, old and covered by dust...
So he  decided to clean and fit it for me and...voilà!!!!
You can see it in all "its splendor"!!!!! :O)
I settled it into a corner in my attic, next to a quilt and close to my sewing room.
So I can see it every day...
I've placed on top some of my favourites country magazines and it has become a perfect tiny table.
How many memories...THANK YOU DADDY!!!!!
Love, Dany

2 commenti:

  1. my dear dany, love your sleigh, reminds me of happy times in the snow.please, do visit my blog. i have a surprise ^_^ xxx

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hey there love,love love your sled!! Fabulous find in your parents attic !

    RispondiElimina

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my post!
Every comment is welcome here!