domenica 25 ottobre 2009

A quilt for my Dad: part one

Hi to all!
About 3 weeks ago my Dad fell bad in the middle of the night...
we immediately called the emergency and they brought him to the hospital and the diagnosis was...heart attack...

You can imagine how much scared we were and also...very very angry...
because...my Dad is a very active man, he doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doens't eat too much and only homemade food...he walks very much and does lots of different activities so...we really didn't understand how is possible to get an heart attack in this way...

After few hours...the doctors said that probably it was not an heart attack and we were so happy to hear this but...anyway...they said that he has a heart valve very damaged and...he needs a surgery for to change this valve...

Ok...now...we are so much scary again...an heart surgery is something that is not very easy to manage...
Now...my Dad is waiting for the surgery...we are waiting that the Doctor will tell us when it will be possible to do it but...he needs to have it...soon...

So...in this period...I'm really so worry but...I would not like that my Dad "see" my worries and so I try to be happy and relaxed...when I'm with him...

But inside of me...I don't feel in this way...

Anyway...I decided to make him a quilt...I would love to give it to him while he will be at the hospital, after the surgery...
And surely...this quilt will be so useful when he will come back home as he will have a period of recovering at home and...winter is so close...
So, hopefully, this quilt will keep him warm and...so loved...

I started my quilt today.
I chose tu put on it Deers, my Dad is an hunter but...he loves Deers...
So...I fused some Deers' shape on the back of brown fabrics and I cut them...
Now, I'm going to sew them on my central blocks.
In the next days, I'll work on his quilt and...I'll post here more pics about my progress...
Thanks for take the time to read this!!!
I wish you all a nice Sunday!!!!

6 commenti:

  1. owww... hope all goes well. good luck with your quilt too!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hope the surgery goes well. I bet your dad will love the quilt. I like the deers!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Awww, that's a sweet idea! I know I've heard hospital blankets aren't very cozy so your dad will love the upgrade!

    RispondiElimina
  4. I hope this too TheNikiProject!!
    Thanks!!!!!

    RispondiElimina

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my post!
Every comment is welcome here!