domenica 5 giugno 2011

Creating a new Quilt!

Hello!!!
This week end is really a very very rainy one...
We are getting lots of rain, thunderstorm, wind and cold...
And...we are not getting into winter but...into summer...LOL!!!
So...I decided to bring myself a bit of happyness making...a new quilt!!!!

I'm a quilter and I love to play with colorful fabrics and threads...
I started drawing myself my quilt with the EQ7 program.
This is an awesome program for drawing quilts, table runners, wallhangings...really AWESOME!!!!
I would love to create something that could be hanged on my bedroom wall so I need something purlpe/violet/lilac...as the wall is painted with light purple paint and the curtain is white with purple circles...









Once I've selected the fabrics from my stash (this is the funniest but hardest part...LOL!!!) the fun begin!!!









I started to cut my fabrics following my pattern...



Then, with my  (I love my Husqvarna SE) sewing machine, I started to sew together squares and strips...press them, sew them again in largest rows...








Single pieces of fabrics sewed together...



...and I can start to see how my quilt will be...











I've had so much fun today, also if outside all is grey and sad...my sewing room seems a lavender field!!!!
Now...it's late, time to go fix dinner...I hope to be able to work on my quilt again tomorrow morning...once you started...it's very hard to stop!!!!
Hope you are having a great Sunday too!!!
Dany

1 commento:

  1. Dany, che bello... semplice, ma davvero di mio gradimento (che sia merito del viola? ♥)!!!

    RispondiElimina

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my post!
Every comment is welcome here!