domenica 18 marzo 2018

Another UFO done!






 Hello!
Today I'm Happy to show you another UFO I finished last year...
I started it several years ago and then as often appen with big projects...I felt tired to work on it and I put it away and then...I completetely forgot about it...

Last year, while I was searching a piece of batting for another project...I've found this in a drower...



I didn't understand immediately wich lost project was it but searching better...I found the pattern too...


I decided to go ahead with it and try to finish it...
Surely I should have done the most part of the work...or so was what I tought...
This is what I did in the past so it seemed to me that...not much extra work was required...
Mmm...totally wrong... LOL...



First I found that I don't like at all that flower basket in the corner with the white background...I really could not remember why I chose the white instead a yellow for example...
So...instead to make the other 3 corners blocks...I put away this one and make other 4...



Then I pieced together some of the blocks in rowsfor the quilting part.
I decided to use the As You Go method because the quilt was big enough to make it difficult to quilt it all together...











Once all the pieces were quilted...I cut all the excess of batting and joined together the whole quilt...



At this point...I've add the backing and sew the binding but I didn't take pics of this...
And...TADAAAA...my beautiful quilt finally was done and he got a special place in my sewing room...


If you ever had UFOs...and if you are a quilter...you surely had...you know the big joy you feel when you finish one of them!
So was for me.
What about you?
Are you working on some UFOs lately?
I'd love to hear from you...
Dany








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my post!
Every comment is welcome here!